Using green building exterior products in the construction industry offers energy efficiency, durability, low maintenance and operating cost, and waste reduction compared to traditional construction techniques.
A green building materials market report forecasts the global market is expected to grow at a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 11.9 percent from 2016 to 2022, to reach $377 billion by 2022.
The major factors driving the green building materials market are:
- Emission reduction
- Higher asset value of green buildings
- Growth in public awareness regarding green materials
- Increase in client and market demand
- Reduction in operating costs
- Enhanced worker productivity due to healthier indoor environment
A wide variety of green building materials are available in the market including: linoleum, galvalume panels and fiber-cement composites.
Concerns regarding a rise in energy prices, accelerating climate change, negative health impact associated with building materials and stormwater runoff polluting rivers and lakes have reinforced the need for green building construction.